Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

Monkeying Around: Monkey theme party ideas

Not so secret confession:  I love planning parties.  It's the nerd in me that loves the organization, attention to detail and advance planning it takes.  I also love to use my creative crafty side that sometimes gets stifled in the mundaneness of daily life.  That being said, my son turned one earlier this month and of course I wanted his party to be spectacular so I got to work early (very early).  Task #1, choosing the theme.  Relatively easy since my husband likes monkeys (that could be another post in itself) and my son is a bit of a monkey himself.  So done, monkey theme it is!  On to invitations.  I wanted to make the invitations myself so I searched around for supplies and played around with some ideas until I came up with this: 

It's just yellow and green card stock with the white information paper attached.  The monkey is a 3D sticker which I stuck on top of a foam leaf.  I then glued them both on top of some raffia pieces I attached to the card stock.  I used rubber cement to adhere the raffia and to attach the paper and card stock together, it worked really well.  The monkey stickers had four designs, some were much happier than this sour looking one!
I bought some chocolate brown envelopes for them and ordered these cute monkey return address labels from vistaprint.com:  

A little blurry, but it says "Going Bananas for Jake's Birthday!"

A simple home made invitation that sets the stage for a great party! 
And of course proper etiquette dictates we must send thank you cards!  So I saved money by making those too. 

I simply found a picture of a bunch of bananas online and traced it onto yellow card stock.  I added the details and the text with a brown Sharpie and wrote the note on the back!
Voila! 
I will post more details about the monkey party soon!

1 comment:

  1. loved the thank you notes. so crafty! and they turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete