Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

Dessert for Breakfast

That's basically what this recipe is.  Of course once I tell you it's from Paula Deen, I'm sure you won't be surprised.  I made this a few days ago and it is sinfully good!  A tad rich for breakfast so a little goes a long way.  But life is short so why not eat dessert for breakfast once in a while?!  Shake things up, people!  Bananas Foster is my favorite dessert so I couldn't resist this recipe..........

 Bananas Foster French Toast
6 croissants, halved lengthwise
Batter:
4 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup heavy cream
Topping:
6 bananas halved lengthwise and quartered
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup walnuts (I had to use almonds for allergy reasons)
1 tsp vanilla

Melt a bit of butter in a pan.  Whisk together eggs, cinnamon and heavy cream.  Batter croissants and place in pan.  In separate pan, melt a little butter to coat pan.  Add brown sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup and nuts and bring to a boil.  Add bananas and vanilla and cook until bananas are warmed. 

Spoon the topping over the french toasted croissants and enjoy!

I forgot to take a picture of the outcome, I was too excited to eat it to remember the camera.  Here's a tiny picture of what Paula's looked like. 

She also said that rum extract can be substituted for the vanilla extract.  Shoot, if you're going to do that, why not use real rum?!

P.S. Linking up to Debbie's Newbie Party!!  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment