Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ninja Poop

Last night was an adventure.  My husband was working late so I was happy to spend some alone time with my son in the evening.  I get home and no sooner do we watch grandma's car pull away than the boy decides it's time to poop.  "Thanks so much for saving it for me", I think, but no big deal.  I lay him on the changing table and open the diaper to see it's barely anything to speak of.  Good, nice and easy clean up.  I lay the diaper on the pail while I finish dressing him and bam, we're done.  I'm in the kitchen and see my son come out of his room carrying a tube of lotion he likes to carry around.  It gets left at my feet and he takes a couple of old bottles I still have on a shelf and carries those to his room.  Then I see him come out of his room with a clean diaper in his hands, which doesn't strike me as odd because he always likes to play with diapers.  I tell him to put it back and he disappears back into his room.  But this time he's gone a little longer, so I go to check out what's happening.  Much to my delight I realize that it's not a clean diaper at all that he had, but the dirty one I had just taken off of him and laid on top of the pail.  I forgot to ever put it inside the pail!!  So, I take it away and dispose of it like I should have in the first place.  I check the baby for any collateral poop damage but luckily don't see any, so I clean his hands and crisis averted.  I go back to the kitchen and something catches my eye.........what could that be?  There's something on the floor just outside my son's room........aaaahhh!!  It's the turd from his diaper!  I have NO idea where that came from because I swear I didn't step over it on my way in or out of his room just now (though apparently I must have).  And it's kind of smashed.........smashed?  How?  I check the bottoms of baby boy's socks, they're clean.  I eye the dog, but he hasn't been anywhere near there.  I realize I'm the only one left.  I check my left slipper, clean.  I check my right slipper and there we have it!  Somehow I managed to step on it without even seeing it.  So, now I clean up the floor, I clean off my slipper and proceed into his room to place the wipes, etc. that I've just used into the diaper pail.  I turn to leave and there in the doorway of his room is another little piece!  What the???  Is it raining from the sky?  There's NO WAY that could've just been there, meaning I stepped over poop AGAIN without noticing!  I clean that up too.  Then I notice a little smudge on the rug.....I've given up trying to figure out what's going on at this point and just clean it up.  That harmless little turd that was nothing to speak of has turned into the stealthiest poop ever!  Finally, all is clean.  We leave his room and the boy trips over my feet and lands splash in the dog's water bowl.  Are you kidding me??  I dried him off, cleaned up the mess on the floor and went to finally sit down.  My son walks over to me, climbs into my lap to sit with me for a while and I realize that I wouldn't trade my evening with him for anything.  Ninja poop and all.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN SISTER! It is all worth it. I can't believe there was a time in my life when I truly believed I didn't want children. Every single moment....totally worth it. I recently cleaned my little girl's vomit (which splattered everywhere!!) off of her, me, the kitchen floor, her high chair, and about a week later dried vomit off the bottom of the fridge that I hadn't noticed! Gross, I know. But like I said, it splattered everywhere.

    ReplyDelete